It is already hard to decide to undergo a fertility procedure. Long waits at the clinic, facing difficult tests, questioning your lifestyle, making assumptions of the percentage of success, etc. There are so many things that we can mention here and the list is endless. However, there are recommendations I give to all my fertility patients, based on experience with other patients and based on my own experience as a fertility doctor. There are things that you need to avoid listening to once you become a fertility patient. It is highly recommended you follow my advice.
- What is your diagnose? Do you have any changes? this is a very common one when patients wait at the clinic. The room is filled with patients undergoing fertility procedures, filled with doubts and questions, and a good form of validation is to listen they have been given the same diagnose or treatment as the others. Remember, every patient is different and you might not receive the same treatment as your colleague patient waiting.
- In case you do not have a positive result you can always adopt: This is a very difficult one to face, especially because in most cases comes from family and friends looking to alleviate the suffering.
- I think you might change the clinic: If a patient has already established a good relationship and communication with their doctor it will be hurtful and difficult for him/her to listen to this recommendation. This has to be a decision that just the patient should consider, not anyone else.
- Let’s start a group chat so we can all be in touch and follow each other’s procedure: Please do not become part of a group chat to listen to everybody’s problems, treatments and results; this will definitely interfere with your own treatment and the results might be not satisfactory after all.
- You should get pregnant now because you are having IVF: How said that undergoing IVF is 100% a guarantee you will get pregnant?..Continue reading
The post 10 things patients undergoing fertility treatments should not listen to. appeared first on Fertility Online